Progression of Science
Science Week at Donnington Primary School
The children in Donnington were very busy for British Science Week last week.
Each class carried out an amazing investigation during the week.
On Thursday 17th March we then held our brilliant Science Fair.
2 children from each class became wonderful science professors and presented their experiment to the entire school! Our professors worked so hard to teach everyone about the science that had been going on in their class.
Wow! What a great achievement!
Take a look at some of our presentation boards and our professors in action!
Our Science Curriculum
We live in an increasingly scientific and technological age where children need to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes to prepare them for life in the 21st century.
We, at Donnington Primary School believe that the teaching of science develops in children an interest and curiosity about the world in which they live, and fosters in them a respect for the environment.
We aim that all pupils:
· Develop enjoyment and interest in science and an appreciation of its contribution to all aspects of everyday life
· Build on their curiosity and sense of awe of the natural world
· Use a planned range of investigations and practical activities to allow them a greater
· Understanding of the concepts and knowledge of science
· Are introduced to the language and vocabulary of science
· Develop practical skills and their ability to make accurate and appropriate measurements
Useful Websites for Science at Home