Our Science Curriculum
We live in an increasingly scientific and technological age where children need to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes to prepare them for life in the 21st century.
We, at Donnington Primary School believe that the teaching of science develops in children an interest and curiosity about the world in which they live, and fosters in them a respect for the environment.
We aim that all pupils:
· Develop enjoyment and interest in science and an appreciation of its contribution to all aspects of everyday life
· Build on their curiosity and sense of awe of the natural world
· Use a planned range of investigations and practical activities to allow them a greater
· Understanding of the concepts and knowledge of science
· Are introduced to the language and vocabulary of science
· Develop practical skills and their ability to make accurate and appropriate measurements
Useful Websites for Science at Home